Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Argo *** (out 0f 4) seen in theater

2012
Directed by .
Written by  (screenplay), (book).
With  , , .

I saw the trailer for this way back when and thought "how silly".  My favorite film reviewer (the staff of the Chicago Rreader) did not reccomend the film.  So I waited.  Meanwhile everyone else was loving it so I finally got around to seing it.

 It is a good film! Though my assumption was correct that the part of the undercover Hollywood scouting team was pretty silly - though true.  it's hard to believe the Iranians fell for it.  Perhaps less emphasis on that aspect would have been better. The film seems pretty full of its self about how silly this is that it kind of annoys me.

And my daughters thought the soundtrack was pretty cheesy at the end when it is happily ever after.  They might have been right, though I fell for the cheesiness.  perhaps I understood more about what was at stake for these people.

here's the trailer, though I am sure most people saw it.

No comments: